Shown here shunting at Hove - note the distinctive foot bridge which spanned both the goods yard and the platforms - is LBSCR Lawson Billinton E2 class 0-6-0T no. 109 which was the last of its class built at Brighton in October 1916. Much of its BR life as 32109 it was based at Dover until August 1956 which saw a move to Eastleigh followed by reallocation to Southampton Docks where withdrawal came in April 1963.
[Mike Morant collection]
From Recent uploads (S)