USA Cincinnati Street Railway - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

Cincinnati Street Railway
Cars 176 , a 1928-built Peter Witt, and 1174, a 1947 St. Louis Car Co. built PCC, in the loop off Anthony Wayne Avenue at Millsdale Avenue. This was the new loop for Route 78-Lockland, opened on July 10, 1949, a cut-back of the original Lockland line because officials in that suburb wanted to remove the tracks from their streets. Note, also, the use of only one trolley pole, as this location was outside the city limits of Cincinnati and only one pole was used north of Mitchell Avenue on route 78.
CAPTION TEXT KINDLY SUPPLIED BY CLIFF SCHOLES.

USAtramelectricCincinnatiStreetRailwayC16