British buses - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

London Transport Duple bodied lowbridge Daimler bus no. D2, registration no. GXE 579, on route 127 at Milner Road, South Wimbledon. D2 had been built built in 1944 and was allocated to AL Merton garage from new. It had a relatively short working life and was withdrawn in December 1952 followed by export to the South Western Omnibus Co. in Ceylon in the following month. This negative isn't dated but the livery, red with cream band, limits the date range to 1951/52.
[Mike Morant collection]

EnglandLondonBus