Southern electric traction - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

Southern Electric 1925 built bull nose SUB unit 4308 stored at Micheldever in July 1963. Both motor ends were subsequently moved to York for preservation and awaited attention until 1977. Only the one shown here, S143, was restored making use of parts from S144 to complete the exquisite composite that is on display at the NRM to this day.
The image isn't quite pin sharp unfortunately but it's a privilege to own this original slide taken by the late Chris Gammell.

southernelectricemu