Fairburn 4MT 2-6-4T no. 42096 at London Road station, Brighton. The headcode denotes Victoria – Brighton via Oxted and Uckfield.
42096 was a Brighton works product in 1950 and was allocated to Tunbridge Wells West from new but stayed there only until July 1951. Allocation to Ashford followed until November 1959 and thence to Watford never to return to the Southern.