Southern Railway, Maunsell designed L1 class 4-4-0 no. 1757 at what is probably Ashford mpd in 1937. No. 1757 was one of 15 of this class built in 1926 by NBL and she was BR branded in june 1950 whilst allocated to Dover Marine shed. Until March 1959 31757 was firmly routed in the SE division at either Dover, Ashford or Ramsgate but her final move was to Nine Elms followed by withdrawal in December 1961.
[Mike Morant collection]