SECR tender engines - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

An undated view of Wainwright 'D' class 4-4-0 no. 1740 in charge of a Down train at Tonbridge. No. 1740 had been built at Ashford works in February 1902 and would acquire BR branding in August 1948 whilst allocated to Tonbridge mpd. A move to Reading shed followed in June 1949 and that's where withdrawal came in March 1951.
[Mike Morant collection]

1740SRA141017004