SECR tender engines - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

Wainwright 'D' class 4-4-0 no. 1738 at Tunbridge Wells Central station shortly after WW2 with the slight evidence of motion blur at the front end compensted for by the crispness of the target station station. No. 1738 was built by the SECR at its Ashford works in January 1902 and would be withdrawn at St. Leonards mpd in September 1950.
[Mike Morant collection]

1738SRA141017008