SECR tender engines - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

Ex-SECR Wainwright 'D' class 4-4-0 no. 1746 in pre-war Southern days but after the 1935 electrification in 1935 depicted here in charge of a pair of birdcage coach sets at Chelsfield. The headcode discs suggest an up Folkestone or Dover service. 1746 was built by Vulcan Foundry and entered service in August 1903. Its BR number, 31746, was applied in August 1948 and after long periods stored was withdrawn from Guildford shed in December 1954.

secrwainwrightd440