SECR tank engines - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

Although R1 0-4-4T 1706 had been introduced as an LCDR Kirtley design in 1891 this example, seen here in SR Maunsell lined green livery on 12/2/39, was built under the auspices of the SECR in 1900 and was withdrawn from Tonbridge shed in 1952. Mick Waters defines the location in Gillingham Loco (the accompanying notes stated Chatham) with stock for the Farningham Rd to Gravesend West service.

1706Pettman