Spotless ambulance coach no. W.D. RXC/000753 at London's Victoria station in July 1957.
This coach is ex-LSWR Dining Saloon no. 61 built 3/1905 with clerestory roof to diagram 1601 and was converted to a saloon ( SR diagram 590) with clerestory removed in 1931. It was converted to an ambulance coach in 1943 and transferred to the USATC as US 204. It went to Netley c. 1945 and then to Longmoor in 1957. The other coach in the photo is probably 000755, which is believed to be ex-LSWR Dining Saloon no. 65. Both 000753 and 000755 were overhauled at Lancing being outshopped on 25th April 1957 following a "Lift & Varnish" repair, the "Lift" related to the bogie overhaul and there was an endorsement "Exterior Varnish" implying that no work was done on the interior. As they were used each year for carrying pilgrims to Lourdes it would probably account for their presence at Victoria.
[Mike Morant collection]