Other SR related material - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

The station at Hole as depicted here on June 28th 1963 looks for all the world as if it was an LSWR structure but it was actually from the post-grouping era being opened by the Southern railway in 1925. Its full name was 'Hole for Black Torrington' and it was situated between Torrington and Halwill Junction on the North Devon and Cornwall Junction Light Railway. It was closed on March 1st 1965 as part of the Beeching cuts.