Other SR related material - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

The rather desolate view at Merton Park station looking towards Merton Abbey on 20/4/58. Originally called Lower Merton when opened in 1868 and was renamed in 1887. We are looking here at the Merton Abbey line platforms which had seen no passenger services since 1929. The LBSCR half of the station on the Wimbledon - West croydon line via Mitcham Junction was more recently subsumed by Croydon Tramlink.