LSWR tender engines - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

Salisbury allocated LSWR Drummond T9 'Greyhound' 4-4-0 No. 727 looks somewhat careworn at the head of an Up goods train at Yeovil Junction in 1947. No. 787 was built by Dübs & Co in 1899 and was withdrawn in September 1958 whilst allocated to Bournemouth shed. The depicted livery is unlined black with Bulleid's 'sunshine' characters and 727 was allocated to Salisbury mpd when this shot was taken.
Note the M7 on the Yeovil Town shuttle service in the background.

727Yeovil1947SRA110321