LSWR tender engines - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

LSWR Drummond L12 4-4-0 no. 420 is depicted here at Eastleigh probably having just emeged from the fitting of a superheater and extended smoke box in March 1922. No. 420 was built at Eastleigh and entered service in September 1904. Interestingly, it was one of three of this class converted to oil burning in 1926. Rebranded as BR no. 30470 in April 1948, this loco was withdrawn in September 1951 whilst allocated to Eastleigh shed.

LSWR420SRA131018529