LSWR tender engines - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

Drummond 700 or 'Black Motor' class 0-6-0 No.306 in SR days hauling a down freight at Crewkerne. No. 306 was built by Dübs & Co. And entered LSWR service as its no. 702 in May 1897 but was renumbered as shown here in 1898. This class gave sterling service and 306 would eventually be withdrawn as BR no. 30306 at Eastleigh mpd in April 1962.
[Dr. Ian C. Allen / Mike Morant collection]

306Crewkerne