Stroudley A1 'Terrier' 0-6-0T no. 735 was bult at Brighton in 1874 and had been bought from the LBSCR by the LSWR in 1903. It's depicted here in LSWR livery at Eastleigh between 1920 when the ugly stovepipe chimney was fitted and 1925 when the Southern livery was applied. No. 735 would be withdrawn from service at Ashford shed in 1937 making it quite a well-travelled engine during its 63 year lifetime.