Former LSWR 0330 'Saddleback' 0-6-0ST no. 0334 was built by Beyer Peacock (1595/1876) to an order placed by Beattie. It was withdrawn in August 1932 and languished in the Eastleigh Works paint shop until September 1938 when its boiler was repaired - Boiler MI is chalked on the bunker's side sheet - followed by a journey under its own steam to the KESR whilst that railway's classmate underwent extensive refurbishment. 0334 returned to Eastleigh on 29/1/1940 and would never see further service but still managed to survive until scrapping on 28/4/1949.
[Mike Morant collection]