LBSCR tank engines - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

LBSCR Billinton designed E4 class 0-6-2 radial tank no. 478 was built at Brighton in November 1898 and susequently enhanced by Marsh in 1909 to become the E4X as illustrated here at New Cross Gate mpd in 1926. In this form no. 478 survived into BR ownership and was withdrawn as BR no. 32478 at 75C Norwood mpd in June 1956.
[Mike Morant collection]

E2XLBSCR478largeSRA120625