LBSCR tank engines - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

Former LBSCR Marsh designed J2 class 4-6-2T no. 2326 newly outshopped in SR malachite livery circa 1946 and depicted here at her home shed of Tunbridge Wells West. 2326 entered LBSCR service in March 1912 - after Marsh had moved on - numbered 326, with the name Bessborough and was fitted with Walschaerts valve gear. 2326 received BR branding in March 1948 and remained at TWW until transfer to Brighton in October 1950 withdrawal following in June 1951.
[Mike Morant collection]