LBSCR tank engines - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

LBSCR Stroudley D1 class 0-4-2T no. 284 entered service named Ashburnham in September 1879, was renumbered by the Southern firdtly to B284 and later to 2284. Withdrawn from main line service in October 1947, 2284 was modified and re-entered service as departmental no. 701S and designated as Oil Pump No. 2 allocated to Fratton depot where she remained until withdrawal in December 1951.
[Mike Morant collection]

701SDKJ