LBSCR tank engines - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

Former LBSCR Marsh designed J1 class 4-6-2T no. 2325 newly outshopped in SR malachite livery circa 1946 and depicted here at her home shed of Tunbridge Wells West. 2325 entered LBSCR service in December 1910 numbered 325, with the name Abergavenny and was fitted with Stephenson valve gear. 2325 received BR branding in February 1949 and remained at TWW until transfer to Brighton in October 1950 withdrawal following in June 1951.
[Mike Morant collection]

2325closeSRA141017054