LBSCR tank engines - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

This is Bisley at the end of the branch from Brookwood which closed in July 1952 for public services. In peacetime services were run for only a week each July for the National Rifle Association's Annual Meeting. Stroudley D1 0-4-2T 2220 was used for the last meeting (July 1939) before WW2 and was allocated to Guildford shed at the time. The train is a pull-push set converted from half a LSWR bogie block set. 2220 entered service on the LBSCR in 1886 and was originally numbered 353 with the name Keymer. Withdrawal came in 1946.

mike morantpregroupingliveryLBSCRlondon brighton south coasttanksengineslocoslocomotives042td1BisleySouthernSouthern railwaynranational rifle associationbrookwood