LBSCR tank engines - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

Former LBSCR Billinton D3 class 0-4-4T no. 2393 with some interesting rolling stock behind the bunker at Lewes in 1945. No. 2393 was built at Brighton in 1896 and would survive into the nationalised era receiving BR branding in August 1949 whilst allocated to Brighton mpd. Withdrawal came in September 1951 whilst allocated to St. Leonards shed.
Rolling stock notes from CK-T: "The P&P set is one of set Nos. 731 - 737. Converted 1943 from ex LSWR ‘Emigrant’ stock coaches which were only 46ft 6in long over body. (sets 738 & 739 were also similar but the nearer composite had different discernible details)."
[Mike Morant collection]