LBSCR tank engines - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

Ex-LBSCR Stroudley A1X 'Terrier' 0-6-0T no. 2644 taken from the platform at Hayling Island Station facing east across the throat of the goods yard. The ex LMS 20t Brake Van, when BR rebranded, served on the line until its closure some 25+ years later.
2644 would receive BR branding in April 1948 whilst allocated to Fratton shed but would move across country to Ashford in April 1949 and it was there that withdrawal symptoms set in exactly two years later.
[Mike Morant collection]

A1X2644SRA141017052