LBSCR tank engines - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

LBSCR Marsh I1 class 4-4-2T no. 2 accelerates away from Mitcham Junction towards Hackbridge, Carshalton and Sutton. No. 2 entered service in July 1907 and was modified to become a class I1X by Maunsell in May 1931. Although she survived until withdrawal at Horsham in July 1951 she never bore her allotted BR number.
[Photographer: W. A. Hopkins-Brown / Mike Morant collection]

LBSCRSRA131018