Bulleid original Battle of Britain pacific no. 34090 Sir Eustace Missenden, with its uniquely formed nameplates, at Shorncliffe. 34090 was a BR built engine emerging from Brighton works in February 1949 and was allocated initially to Ramsgate shed until April 1951. It remained on the SE Section until transfer to the SW Section in March 1957. Rebuilding followed in 1960 and 34090 would be one of the survivors until the end of Southern steam in July 1967 and was allocated to estleigh for the final three years of service.