Bulleid light pacific no. 21C129 is in its original Southern Railway unnamed guise at Stewarts Lane depot on an unspecified date in 1946. 21C129 - a Ramsgate allocated loco when this shot was taken - would be named Lundy and form part of what became known as the West Country class. BR numbering as 34029 was applied in February 1949 whilst allocated to Exmouth Junction mpd where she resided from July 1947 until April 1958 following which she was rebuilt and ended up at Nine Elms. 34029 was one of the first light pacifics to be withdrawn in September 1964 less than six years after the expensive Jarvis rebuild.
[Mike Morant collection]