NER Raven designed B16 class 4-6-0 no. 1406 was built at the company's works in Darlington, entered LNER service in January 1920 with the number 846 and is depicted here at York mpd. No. 1406 entered Darlington Works in October 1939 and emerged on 8/1/40 reclassified as a Gresley rebuilt B16/2. The LNER 1946 renumbering scheme aaw 816 renumbered to 1406 which was prefixed with '6' on 10/9/48 under BR ownership but was subsequently renumbered to 61475 in December 1949 (61406 clashed with the new B1 seuquence) at 50A York mpd where she remained until January 1963. Transfer to Hull Dairycoates presaged withdrawal only three months later in April 1963..
[Mike Morant collection]