Former NER Raven Q6 class 0-8-0 no. 63450 is shown here southbound at Chaloners Whin with a rake of brand new mineral wagons in tow. 63450 was a Selby engine until February 1949 and then moved to Neville Hill for three years followed by another spell at Selby and then Thornaby ending up at West hartlepool in 1962. Withdrawal came in December 1966.
[Mike Morant collection]