Vincent Raven designed A2 class pacific no. 2402 City of York was designed for the North Eastern Railway but was actually built at Darlington in 1924 after the grouping. This fine picture shows 2402 leaving York on the Up with Holgate bridge and St Paul's church in the background in 1925. The Raven A2 class was anything but standard as far as the LNER was concerned and no. 2402 was withdrawn from York mpd in August 1936 with barely 12 years of service under its belt.
The FLETCHER private owner wagon at the left of the image is also worthy of note.