NER Wilson Worsdell designed J77 class 0-6-0T no. 1000, depicted here at York south shed where it was allocated from 1927 – 1946, was built by the NER in 1880 and survived into BR ownership. Renumbered by the LNER as 8433 in 1946, it became E8433 under BR but the full 68483 was never applied. Withdrawal came at Selby shed in May 1951.
[Mike Morant collection]