LNER tank locomotives - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

Former Metropolitan Railway 'H' class 4-4-4T no. 6418 is shown here ex-works in LNER plain black livery at neasden in 1938. This class, designated 'H2' by the LNER, was a Jones design dating from 1920 of which eight were built for the Baker Street to Aylesbury services. When made redundant by the introduction of electric services to Rickmansworth they were transferred to LNER stock in 1937 and all were gone by the end of 1947.

MetropolitanLNERJones444TNeasden