LNER Gresley D49/2 'Hunt' class 4-4-0 no. 269 The Cleveland photographed pre-war at the south end of York station. No. 269 would be BR branded as no. 62743 in October 1948 whilst allocated to Hull Botanic Gardens mpd. The Cleveland moved to Haymarket in January 1951 and that's where she would remain until withdrawal in May 1960.
[Mike Morant collection]