LNER Gresley A4 pacific No. 60033 Seagull prepares for departure from King;s Cross station in the summer of 1956 whilst No. 60029 Woodcock lurks in the background. 60033 had entered service in June 1938 as No. 4902 and was one of the A4's used in the Locomotive Exchanges in 1948. 60033 spent almost all of its working life after nationalisation allocated to King's Cross depot and was withdrawn from service there in December 1962.