GNR locomotives - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

LCGB: Poplar and Edgware tour 5/5/56
Gresley N2 0-6-2T no. 69506 at what was described as Cranley Gardens but Michael Thompson has pointed at that this is, in fact, Mill Hill (The Hale) which had been closed for passenger traffic as far back as 1939. 69506 was used for only the tour section Canonbury - Alexandra Palace - Edgware - Canonbury. 69506 was a Top Shed allocated engine when this shot was taken and was withdrawn from service at New England mpd in May 1961.

69506