Ivatt J52 class 0-6-0ST in GNR livery at Trafford Park shed (CLC). This loco entered traffic in 1897 and worked for 58 years being withdrawn from Colwick mpd (38A) in 1955 as BR number 68810.
Some interesting backgound on this shot from Trevor Booth: "This shed was shared with the Midland Railway. These GNR tanks were allocated here to work the GNR warehouse at Deansgate. A GNR shed was built on the viaducts there but Manchester Corporation apparently refused permission for it to be used by locos for fear of them overrunning the buffers and ending up in the street below."