Holden designed J69/1 class 0-6-0T no. 8568 looks decidedly the worse for wear in this shot taken at St. Margaret's mpd in 1947. Built in 1896 at Stratford for the GER, BR no. 68568 would move back to south of the border with allocation to Lincoln in January 1952. Moves to Norwich, Plaistow and Stratford followed culminating in withdrawal at 30A in May 1958.
[Mike Morant collection]