Holden designed J69/1 class 0-6-0T no. 8623 looks decidedly the worse for wear in this shot taken at St. Margaret's mpd in 1947. Built in 1904 at Stratford for the GER, BR no. 68623 would move back to south of the border with allocation to Doncaster in July 1951. Moves to Norwich, Melton Constable, South Lynn, Staveley Barrow Hill, Mexborough and Langwith Junction culminating in withdrawal at 41J in February 1961.
[Mike Morant collection]