No. 2657 was a Hill designed 0-6-2T for the GER but this example was built by Beardmore during Gresley's LNER reign and entered service in September 1927. This shot was taken at Brentwood station in 1936. Renumbered 9697 in September 1946, the BR '6' prefix would be applied in November 1950 whilst allocated to Stratford and that shed was where withdrawal came on 16/9/62.
[Mike Morant collection]