Great Central Railway Robinson designed 11E class 4-4-0 no. 429 Sir Douglas Haig had been built at the company's own Gorton workshops In August 1913 and would be reclassified as a D10 by the LNER and 5000 added to the number making it 5429. This undated shot was taken between 1913 and 1920 which was the period during which this name was carried. Thereafter and until withdrawal 429's name would be Prince Henry. The LNER's 1946 renumbering turned it into 2650 followed in November 1949 by its BR '6' suffix being added. Withdrawal of 62650 came at Norhwich mpd in February 1954.
[Mike Morant collection]