GCR Parker N4/2 class 0-6-2T No. 5623 photographed with a goods train at Neepsend in the 1930's. 5623 was built by Neilson & Co and entered service as No. 623 at the end of 1890. The LNER renumbering scheme in 1946 allotted the number 9233 which became 69233 after nationalisation. Withdrawal was from its long time home shed of Darnall in 1954.