Whitelegg designed ex-LTSR class 79 3P 4-4-2T No. 2149 in the vicinity of Tilbury West Junction. The crossovers in the foreground forming a double junction towards the photographer are to the PLA's Tidal Basin Branch which briefly took boat trains into Tilbury Marine as opposed to Riverside.
No. 2149 entered service in 1909 and was withdrawn from service at Tilbury shed in 1952 as BR No. 41967.
[Mike Morant collection]