LNWR locomotives - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

LNWR Bowen Cooke designed Prince of Wales 4-6-0 in LMS guise as no. 25623 Lord Byron seen here leaving Euston station. Built in December 1913 and entering service as LNWR no. 1879, it was renumbered to LMS 5623 in November 1927 and was added to the duplicates list in May 1934. Now numbered 25623, as shown here, it lasted only until May 1935 thereby narrowing down the date of this shot to a 12 month period.