LMSR tank locomotives - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

LCGB: The South Midlands Railtour 17/10/64
LMSR Fairburn designed 4MT 2-6-4T no. 42105 leans to the curve having just left the WCML en route at Wolverton for Newport Pagnell which had closed to passenger traffic the previous month. 42105 was never an LMSR engine but was built at brighton works entering traffic in Sepember 1950 as a Tunbridge Wells West engine and remained on the Southern until November 1959 when transferred to Bletchley which was its shed when this shot was taken. Subsequent allocations were to Willesden, Carnforth and finally Lostock Hall whence withdrawal came in December 1966.