One of the Southern's contingent of Fairburn 4MT 2-6-4T's, no. 42102, photographed on 6/9/58 at the rarely photographed Upper Warlingham station on the Croydon to Oxted line. 42102 had been built at Brighton and entered dervice in September 1950 remaining a Southern engine until transfer to Watford mpd in November 1959. Withdrawal came at Springs Branch in December 1966.
[Mike Morant collection]