LMSR Fowler 2P 4-4-0 no. 642 coming off the line from Castle Douglas at Dumfries to the north of the station. Note the 12-wheeled clerestory dining car in the middle of the rake of stock. No. 642 was built at Crewe in 1931 and seems to have spent all its life working in S.W.Scotland. The BR number 40642 was applied in February 1950 and withdrawal was from Hurlford mpd in October 1961.