War Department engine no. 120 was originally GWR 2441, works no. 1371, built in 1893 at Swindon. She came to France in January 1940 and was allocated to the Northern region of the SNCF. This region never applied French numbers to its WD locomotives. From 1945 to 1947 she was allocated to the shed at Fives, a suburb of Lille whilst close examination of another negative elicits the fact that it was taken at the carriage storage facility at Lezennes about 3 miles further SE from her home shed. No. 120 was one of fourteen of this class sold to China in 1947, the year this picture was taken.