GWR 4-coupled tender engines - MikeMorant
Powered by SmugMug Log In

GWR Churchward 'City' class 4-4-0 no. 3710 City of Bath, photographed at Shrewsbury stationin 1920 whilst taking on water from that unusual feed system, was built at Swindon in March 1903 and entered service with the number 3433 but was renumbered in 1912. This was a relatively short-lived engine being withdrawn whilst allocated to Wolverhampton Stafford Road shed in September 1928. Sister engine no. 3440 City of Truro has survived into the heritage era.

GWRChurchward440Citydoubleframed