The preserved GWR 'City' class 4-4-0 no. 3440 City of Truro is depicted here on a Didcot, Newbury and Southampton service in August 1957. Withdrawn in 1931, City of Truro was exhibited at the York railway museum until january 1957 when she was restored to her former glory as an operational engine. She was allocated to Didcot mpd from July 1957 untilo October 1958 and was a regular on these DN&S trains during that period.
[Mike Morant collection]